Tuesday, January 29, 2013

It's been awhile....

I haven't been good at all about keeping this blog updated.  I guess I thought I would have more time to talk about my journey than I really have.

I am 34 weeks 2 days pregnant and things are moving along.  Fast now at that.....

I am so excited for the full circle of this to happen.  To be able to witness the gift of life that took place in my body handed over to a well deserving couple.

My ip's are super sweet I have loved getting to know them both and now wish I knew them a little better.  But honestly this process has been nothing short of simply AMAZING!!!!

This little girl has been a blessing to carry for the past 34 weeks and I can't believe how fast the process took off.  March 8th of 2012 is when I was handed the profile of the couple and then April 12th is when we flew out to Texas for the appts.  The transfer was June 21st.  So really it hasn't even been a year since I was matched and I will be giving birth in a few short weeks.

It hasn't been easy I've been super sick and drained.... But really the blessing has far outweighed the hard ships.

I was just put on bed rest this past Sunday and it is a challenge I will need to learn how to be patient with.  Only because I am so used to go go go with 5 kids and now it's sit sit sit.....  But really I find the blessing in this, that God is trying to teach me to let other's help.  Something I have never been able to do.  And also to just sit and be.  To be patient, to be attentive and not on the go, to be still and rely on him more.
I know bed rest is best for the baby and I know I will get through it no matter how long it takes.

The hardest part is not feeling like I am letting my ip's down, and knowing in my heart I've done nothing to cause this bed rest, it's just part of the process.  My body is tired, and carrying a baby is hard work.  But I want to do everything in my power to get this very healthy girl here in her parent's arms and on a plane home, where they can begin life.  I just hope we don't have any more scares because I feel horrible I scared them once.  And I guess I didn't scare them in reality.  But the possibility of delivering so soon.

We are in the home stretch now so for that I am thankful and I know the amazing end of this will happen soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment